Saturday, February 14, 2009

Jesus Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day everybody!!! I personally do not have a "boy toy" but i realized yesterday that everyone should be able to celebrate Valentine's Day even without a boyfriend/girlfriend. This great epiphany happened last night at about 11:30 when we were on our way home from my sister's basketball tourney. And let me tell you.... I have seen enough middle school basketball to last me a lifetime!!! Anyways we were headed back and the Christian radio station in my area was having people come on and tell something special they are doing for their loved ones. One lady came on and said that her Pastor gave her a Valentine from Jesus. Now, since it was so late i am having trouble recalling all the words but it was so sweet and so true. I had never thought about it like that. I may not have a boyfriend to give me chocolates and jewelry today but I have a God who loves me every day no matter what. All you have to do is look around to see all that he does for us out of love. From the most "dramatic," like sending his son to die for us, to the simple promise of a rainbow after every storm. He's with us every minute of every day! And to me that is just such a great feeling. Now I can tell people yes I do have a Valentine and his name is Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Aww. Caitlin! This is so true...I haven't stopped to think about it this way. Regardless of if we have a "fleshly" valentine we should always consider HIM to be our Valentine...thank you for this little insight...tell your family I said hey!! I miss ya'll SO much <3

    ReplyDelete